Nuneaton Mountaineering Club take to the water.
The photograph shows 9 members and friends having lunch and a well earned rest as they paddled down the River Wye. Our August meet was an exciting weekend camping and canoeing on the River Wye. Canoes were hired locally together with transport to Kerne Bridge where they started their 18 1/2 mile journey, through the rapids at Symonds Yat, with no capsizes, and on to journeys end at Monmouth. The weather stayed fair and the camp site at Coleford was excellent as was the food in the nearby pub. A short walk on the Malvern Hills completed the weekend.
Events to come include a weekend in the Peaks, 24-26 November, a day walk in the Cotswolds in December, A weekend at Coniston, Lake District stayong at the Barrow MC hut 12-14th January and a week in Scotland 3-10 February.
Anyone interested in joining us on our adventures can contact Colin on 02476372587 or meet us on our club night at Attleborough Liberal Club, 8.30 on Thursday evenings.
- Local cycle ride 12th September 2020
- Isle of Islay Trip September 2020
- Day Walk. 8 Bridges walk from Brinklow
- local walk 29 August 2020 High Cross.
- THE CANCELLATIONS DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS
- Alvie Cottages, Aviemore Scotland 25th Jan-1st Feb 2020
- Yorkshire Ramblers Hut, Lowstern, Clapham Yorkshire 10-12th January 2020
- Stiper Stones, Shropshire 14th December 2019
- Brecon Beacons- South Wales 8-10 November 2019
- Isle of Mull 31st August – 7th September 2019
- Forest of Bowland Camping 5 – 7 July 2019
- Malvern Hills 8th June 2019