Nuneaton Mountaineering Club take to the water.
The photograph shows 9 members and friends having lunch and a well earned rest as they paddled down the River Wye. Our August meet was an exciting weekend camping and canoeing on the River Wye. Canoes were hired locally together with transport to Kerne Bridge where they started their 18 1/2 mile journey, through the rapids at Symonds Yat, with no capsizes, and on to journeys end at Monmouth. The weather stayed fair and the camp site at Coleford was excellent as was the food in the nearby pub. A short walk on the Malvern Hills completed the weekend.
Events to come include a weekend in the Peaks, 24-26 November, a day walk in the Cotswolds in December, A weekend at Coniston, Lake District stayong at the Barrow MC hut 12-14th January and a week in Scotland 3-10 February.
Anyone interested in joining us on our adventures can contact Colin on 02476372587 or meet us on our club night at Attleborough Liberal Club, 8.30 on Thursday evenings.
- Loch Lomond Febuary 2018 continued
- Loch Lomond Week 3rd – 10th February 2018
- Coniston Copper-mines weekend
- Twix Christmas and New Year Walk
- Cotswolds Walk 9th December 2017
- Novemberfest Edale
- November in the Langdales
- Mountains of Mourne. Northern Ireland
- Day walk on Cnicht
- Camping weekend on Anglesey 30 June – 2nd July 2017
- Canoe trip River Wye August 2017
- Kinver 21 January 2017