Nuneaton Mountaineering Club take to the water.
The photograph shows 9 members and friends having lunch and a well earned rest as they paddled down the River Wye. Our August meet was an exciting weekend camping and canoeing on the River Wye. Canoes were hired locally together with transport to Kerne Bridge where they started their 18 1/2 mile journey, through the rapids at Symonds Yat, with no capsizes, and on to journeys end at Monmouth. The weather stayed fair and the camp site at Coleford was excellent as was the food in the nearby pub. A short walk on the Malvern Hills completed the weekend.
Events to come include a weekend in the Peaks, 24-26 November, a day walk in the Cotswolds in December, A weekend at Coniston, Lake District stayong at the Barrow MC hut 12-14th January and a week in Scotland 3-10 February.
Anyone interested in joining us on our adventures can contact Colin on 02476372587 or meet us on our club night at Attleborough Liberal Club, 8.30 on Thursday evenings.
- Lleyn Peninsula Weekend – 29-31 March 2019
- Cotswolds Day Walk -9th March 2019
- Glencoe 2nd to 9th February 2019
- Lincolnshire Wolds Walk 13th October 2018
- High house, Borrowdale, Lake District. 8th – 10th June 2018
- Isle of Arran, Scotland 1-8th September 2018
- Cadair Idres 17th March 2018
- Loch Lomond Febuary 2018 continued
- Loch Lomond Week 3rd – 10th February 2018
- Coniston Copper-mines weekend
- Twix Christmas and New Year Walk
- Cotswolds Walk 9th December 2017