Nuneaton Mountaineering Club’s trip to Northern Ireland was a great success. Various methods of travel were employed including flying to Dublin and hiring a car, ferry from Holyhead to Dublin, overnight ferry Birkenhead to Belfast and the Belfast to Cairnryanferry. We stayed in two self-catering cottages in Annalong, Co Down just along the coast from Newcastle.The cottages were spacious and very well apportioned and we were very comfortable there for the week. On the hillwalking side there were many outings on the Mountains of Mourne including ascents of all of the main summits on more than one occasion. Slieve Donard (853 metres) the highest in Northern Ireland was ascended by two groups and there was a mega successful traverse ofthe Mourne Wall, a 22 mile trip over the mountains surrounding the Silent Valley watershed. On other days various visits were made to the Giant’s Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Titanic Museum, Belfast City, Downpatrick and Strangford Lough.
- Lincolnshire Wolds Walk
- High house, Borrowdale, Lake District.
- Isle of Arran, Scotland
- Cadair Idres 17th March 2018
- Loch Lomond Febuary 2018 continued
- Loch Lomond Week 3rd – 10th February 2018
- Coniston Copper-mines weekend
- Twix Christmas and New Year Walk
- Cotswolds Walk 9th December 2017
- Novemberfest Edale
- November in the Langdales
- Mountains of Mourne. Northern Ireland