Four members met at Brinklow on a very warm and sunny July morning to walk a section of the Coventry Way. The walk was lead by Martyn and started in Brinklow Village and followed the Coventry and Centenary Ways through the rural landscape, passing the site of the medieval village of Upper Smite, the village of Folesworth, with its old and interesting Alms houses, Stretton under fosse and in a large circle to return to Brinklow past the site of the motte and bailey castle. Other notable features, as the name of the walk suggests, were the 8 bridges including a 19th Centaury Peddler’s Pack horse bridge and the magnificent bridges over the now disused railway line. The walk was 8.5 miles long and easy walking along footpath and tracks.
- Local cycle ride 12th September 2020
- Isle of Islay Trip September 2020
- Day Walk. 8 Bridges walk from Brinklow
- local walk 29 August 2020 High Cross.
- THE CANCELLATIONS DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS
- Alvie Cottages, Aviemore Scotland 25th Jan-1st Feb 2020
- Yorkshire Ramblers Hut, Lowstern, Clapham Yorkshire 10-12th January 2020
- Stiper Stones, Shropshire 14th December 2019
- Brecon Beacons- South Wales 8-10 November 2019
- Isle of Mull 31st August – 7th September 2019
- Forest of Bowland Camping 5 – 7 July 2019
- Malvern Hills 8th June 2019